If you’ve ever felt led to write a story, then odds are that God’s already put on in you. All you have to do is dig it out.
Having written several books, I can say that it gets easier with time. You get your breakthrough once you start writing and when you get your book published. God can’t steer a stationary car, so get moving! God will guide you on your journey.
What Does it Take to Write with Inklings Fiction?
It’s easy to join and write with us at Inklings Fiction. All it takes is agreeing to our rules, and joining our author group on Facebook! Once you’ve done that, you can continue on to submit stories to us and we’ll get them up on the site within 24 hours if we approve of your work! (We will reach out to you via the email you submit when you join the Facebook group.)
First off, here are our rules:
- No “steamy” or erotic scenes. This is a site for Christian authors and readers and that stuff has no place here.
- No counter-scriptural teachings. We understand there are many schools of thought on various things in the Bible, but if your theology that you’re putting forth is blatantly wrong, we won’t allow it.
- No swear words–keep it in the PG-13 realm. F-bombs are an absolute no-go. You may make up swear words or use gentler swear words, if you must, but no really bad ones.
- No pirating another author’s work on or off this site.
- No fan fiction. Please adapt the settings and characters if you really want to submit a certain piece.
- No stealing photos. You may use/make/draw your own photos and images, or use images that you get the rights to use commercially. There are many images on the internet that you may use commercially for free or for a small fee. Do not steal someone else’s pictures.
- We reserve the right to deny and/or remove any stories at any time with or without any notice.
Author Signup Form (Step One)
Please fill out the author submission form below and then continue on to the second step of signing up as an author.
How Do I Join the Facebook Group? (Step Two)
It’s easy! If you don’t have an account, you will need to make one first. This will be how you get announcements and whatnot. Major announcements will be sent via email as well.
Here’s a link to the Facebook Group:
Be sure to answer the application questions or we won’t be able to accept you!
We will be asking for your email, among other things. We will need your email so we can get you all set up on InklingsFiction!
Submit a Story
There are two ways to submit a story with us, either through the below form or through email. Both can be accessed below. If you’re planning on writing with us but you don’t have a story just yet, then be sure to sign up as a writer/author with us and then bookmark our dedicated story submission page which you can access here.
Form Submissions for Stories
If you would like to submit a story via a form, please use the following one.
Email Submissions for Stories
Once you’ve been notified that your author page is active, authors will be able to submit stories to us however often they like. Writers can send their stories to email@example.com and we’ll get it up as soon as we can.
Story submissions must include the following:
Title (Preferable unique)
Featured Image (Please use an image you have the rights to use, visit this page to see what you can use for images!)
The Story! (Obviously, please include your story!)
Categories (Please pick 5 or less of our current categories.)
Tags (List off a few tags that you want with your story. Separate them with a comma then a space.)