I’m beginning to realize that more and more people that I know are preppers as time goes on.
And with every headline, I can see what they’re prepping for.
Now, I’ve got a lot more to say on this, but you’re not here to see me talk, you’re here for some story prompts! So, here they are! (And they’re free to use however you want.)
- The US dollar collapses and its collapse causes the remaining fiat currencies to fail in rapid succession. Suddenly your parent’s lessons about the importance of keeping gold and silver on hand might just save your life. How do you navigate the post-dollar world?
- The economy collapses due to a trade war that escalated into a hot war that has been dragging on for several years now. Both nations have opted to simply avoid one another, but peace has not been made. You, a lifelong prepper, are able to capitalize on the colapsing economy.
- Famine sweeps across the world as a superbug that feeds upon genetically modified and non-GMO crops alike. The primary breadbaskets (food grwoing areas) of the world have been decimated. You, a prepper, have been stockpiling seeds and food for years, can you keep your family alive with what you’ve got on hand?
- Your great-great grandfather fought in WWI and he kept the gas mask that he used during the war, in time, the mask ended up in your hands. Inspired to start collecting things like it, your friends begin calling you a prepper. You simply liked the idea of being ready for anything. When a widespread gas attack on your city starts, all eyes turn to you to save as many people as possible with everything you’ve got.
- A prepper at heart, you’ve always kept scraps of electronics and other things that you’ve salvaged from things before you throw them out. One day, the industries of the world collapse. That was years ago. Now, you’re the only person who’s got any machinery that runs, and it’s all thanks to your horde. Some baddies find out about your secret stash and they threaten to attack, now what do you do?
- Always a skeptic, you’ve been stockpiling gold, silver, and other precious metals for years. One day, an EMP attack knocks out the nation’s power. One thing leads to another and the whole world is without power. Now you’re one of the few people where you live who has real money, a few of your neighbors are trying to make you a king of sorts to save your city.
- A massive heat wave burns all the crops worldwide and there’s a food shortage. Because of the shortage, riots start and the dwindling food supplies (and seed) are burned to the ground. You’ve been keeping some seed for years as part of your prepper stash, now it seems you’re destined to eat nothing but string beans, barley, and some funky looking corn for the rest of your life.
- Your family has a lakeside cabin deep in the woods, you’ve been stockpiling random survival gear there for years just because it felt like the right thing to do. When the world begins to end, you reach out to your extended family and try to get as many people as possible to the cabin to ride out the apocalypse. Will you survive it?
- The government has become way too overbearing and they are threatening to start putting in limits to how much food, water, supplies, and (most importantly) weapons. You decide to beat them to the punch and you start amassing a stockpile that you start hiding inside of your home. When the government goes full on totalitarian and start lockdowns and restrictions, you can’t help but consider what you are going to do now.
- Supply shortages worldwide following threats from China cause prices for everything to spike. Some things get a lot costlier than others, and people start getting violent. You saw it coming, and you stocked up on a couple of the goods ahead of time. What do you do now?
- You were told that a viral outbreak wasn’t anything to worry about, but you know better. You know there is no one you can trust, especially in government. As such, you began preparing for a major outbreak. When the outbreak reaches your home, you’re the only one who is ready for what it brings with it.
- You can’t help but wonder why the local governor is putting up walls around their home and the local capital buildings, but you’re not someone who just sits around and wonders, you’re a person of action. Seeing them build up walls, you start doing the same–you get supplies too. When something that feels like one of the ten plagues hits your hometown, you’re thankful taht you acted first.
- Being a prepper, you’ve taken it upon yourself to know a little bit about everything, that way you can get along fine if everything went bad. When famine and diesease break out worldwide, your skills are put to the test.