Oh, love stories.
This is a genre that’s fraught with inappropriate tales that more or less forced the hands of tons of Christian romantics to begin writing clean and Christian romance stories. These people, as I see it, are doing the Lord’s work. You guys are some of the biggest go-getters out there, and I’m honored to help you all.
You’re teaching the world that love is a lot more than what the world currently thinks it is: physical intimate acts. It’s spiritual too. We bind ourselves, spirit to spirit, soul to soul, when we fall in love and tie the knot.
All of these stories prompts are supposed to be from the female’s point of view, but I’m sure you can swing things around to make it from the guy’s POV instead. If you want to have some guy-POV romance prompts, I’d love to hear what you think, hit me up on the contact page! 🙂
So, I’m going to give it my all to give you guys some romance prompts to get your first, or your next story going!
- You fell in love with a man who you met on a hike of all places. You ate a lunch on a log in the woods during your hike, and this guy got the bright idea to join you. After an amazing conversation, you fell in love. But then you parted ways with him. Now you want to hunt him down and see if he feels what you do.
- You’re a PK (Pastor’s Kid) and you have a thing for vetting every new guy who comes into the church. Why? Well, you’re still single and you’re pushing 25. Every Sunday, you check out the newest guys who come to church and can’t help but wonder if this is your week.
- You’re a florist in a small town. Admittedly, business isn’t great, but you make ends meet by going to the city for every Saturday Market. One day, a guy picks up a bouquet, one that you really put your heart and soul in. One that you told God: “If a guy buys this one, then he’s going to be my husband.” Your eyes grow wide as he walks over to purchase it and you can’t help but wonder if God is on this.
- You go to a revival meeting in a tent. This revival meeting has been touring the nation for a while now, and people are calling the main speaker a “modern-day Billy Graham.” When he walks on stage, you instantly develop a crush, and you quickly find out that this man is very much single.
- You work at a Christian bookstore and have always had your eye on the marriage counseling books. You’ve read all of them twelve times over, and you swore to yourself that the moment you’ll date the first single guy who actually buys one of those books. A long, long time passed and that never happened. You considered giving up hope. Then a guy shows up and explains that he’s studying up so he’ll be ready for marriage before he even starts dating…
- You’re the quietest girl in the quietest high school around. Nothing ever happens to you. Then one day, the school’s quarterback, whom you know is a Christian, saunters over to you. You know full well that he’s about to ask you to the school dance.
- You’re a police officer in a small town. There’s a man who’s wife was killed a few years prior who has turned to alcohol and left the church. You know his kids, his parents, you even know his grandparents. One day, you arrest him for drinking and driving, and you can’t help but wonder why you’re feeling a little giddy about having him in the back of your car. Perhaps it’s time to try that “missionary dating” thing that so many people warned you against…
- You’re a cowgirl, have been your whole life. You’re also a guide for horseback rides at the massive family ranch you work on. You’re the only child, so you know the ranch will be yours one day. You can’t help but wonder if you’ll be married by the time that happens. You can’t help but laugh at all the guys who come along for rides and try flirting with you, none of them are a good fit for you and they seem to be too dumb to realize it. Then one day Mr. Right comes along, but he doesn’t seem too interested in flirting…
- You volunteer at a local church for VBS every year. It’s a passion of yours, plus, those kids can be real cute sometimes. You’re welcoming the students one morning when a guy drops off his kids. You can tell he’s a single dad. You can also tell that he’s real cute.
- You’re a saleswoman, not just any sales woman, but you’re the best one in your division. One day, a potential client for business may just become a potential to marry.
- You’re a girl who never really found where you fit in in the world. Nothing seemed to go your way most of your life. And then you found your dream job. You were actually good at it. It drove you, powered you up. Then you find the guy you’re sure you’re supposed to marry. Problem is, marrying him will mean you can’t stay at your dream job. In fact, you’ll have to leave your home state!
Alright, there’s 11 prompts! I hope they’re of some help to you guys! I’m not a big romance reader, so it’s well outside of my expertise!